Community Safety Officer
Village of Caronport
The Village of Caronport, SK is accepting applications for a full-time Community Safety Officer. Located on the Trans Canada highway only 15 minutes west of Moose Jaw and 45 minutes from Regina, Caronport is a family-oriented rural village with an elementary school, high school, college, and seminary.
The Community Safety Officer will:
• Patrol and investigates complaints ensuring compliance with Municipal Bylaws and Provincial Statutes, administers actions, including penalties to individuals or businesses, prepares documents for court, and reporting to the Caronport Protective Services Committee.
• Conduct safe and efficient road patrols and enforce infractions of Village Bylaws and Provincial Statues
Enforce Provincial Traffic Safety Act, and other Provincial legislation pertaining to moving violations, parking, road usage, off highway and commercial vehicles,
• Liaise with local schools,
• Create complaint and enforcement action files, investigate complaints, ascertain validity and take action to achieve compliance or enforcement,
• Provide assistance to the RCMP, Village departments, outside agencies relative to vehicle collisions, traffic control, check stops and document service,
• Thoroughly investigate all complaints to ascertain validity and take appropriate action to bring an equitable solution of compliance or enforcement,
• Extensive knowledge of the Saskatchewan Traffic Safety Act, related Regulations and Provincial Statutes, and Village Bylaws,
• Possess knowledge of the court system, including documentation, presentation and testimony,
• Possess knowledge of the safe operation of various enforcement tools (two-way radios, radar, portable weigh scales), animal apprehension and handling skills,
• Possess strong investigative, analysis and time-management skills, with the ability to work under pressure,
• Have an active Class 5 drivers license with drivers abstract.
Training will be provided as needed to a suitable candidate. Please visit Caronport.ca for more information about our community and to access the application package. This posting will remain active until April 21 or until a suitable applicant is found.